Approved seven development schemes
27 Sep, 2013
Lahore, 27th September, 2013
The Punjab Government on Friday has approved seven development schemes of Youth Affairs Sector, Roads & Bridges and Health Sectors with an estimated cost of Rs. 5452.009 million.
These schemes were approved in the 10th meeting of Provincial Development working Party of current fiscal year 2013-14 presided over by the Punjab Planning and Development Board Chairman, Muhammad Irfan Elahi.
Provincial Secretary P&D Arif Anwar Baloch, all members of the Planning & Development Board, Provincial Secretaries concerned and other senior representatives of the relevant Provincial Departments also attended the meeting.
The approved development schemes included:
1. Punjab Youth Internship Programme (3rd Revision) at the Cost of Rs. 292.492 million);
2. Construction of road from Narowal to Lahore via Badomali Narang Kala Khatai Shahdara (length=42.71 km) District Narowal / Sheikhupura (Revised) at the Cost of Rs. 664.970 million
3. Dualization of Lahore Jaranwala Road from Mandi Faizabad to Magtanwala length=15.40 km in District Nankana Sahib at the Cost of Rs. 1209.569 million;
4. Widening / Improvement of road from Muzaffargarh Punjnad Tranda Muhammad Pannah Road (section Ali Pur to Head Punjnad) length 10.40 km. at the Cost of Rs. 412.568 million;
5. Widening / Improvement of road Lahore-Kasur-Khudian-Depalpur-Pakpattan-Vehari Multan Road section Gaggo to Burewala from km No. 536.93 to 553.23 km length=16.30 km in District Vehari at the Cost of Rs. 485.215 million;
6. Widening / Improvement of road from Burewala-Ludden Road via Katchi Pacci length:40.10 km in District Vehari at the Cost of Rs. 707.412 million; and
7. Enhanced HIV / AIDS Control Program, Punjab (Phase-III) at the Cost of Rs. 1679.783 million.